Cheap software

woody 18:30 19 Oct 03

We recently had a poster asking about these cheap offers.
I have just rec another offer (XP PRO $50)(Adobe Photoshop 7.0 $60) but notice it states on another page (This software is recognized as a backup software.)

Does that cover them for making what may be a copy?

FE I will send you more details if you need them.

Forum Editor 00:44 20 Oct 03

a url for the software woody?

woody 02:45 20 Oct 03
  GANDALF <|:-)> 07:15 20 Oct 03

from their FAQs....'The software is shipped from Eastern Europe'..(ahem). There is also an odd lack of telephone numbers or addresses. I would warrant that IF you did get the CD (unlikely), it would have been pressed by Cap'n Pugwash and Blackbeard. I'll give 'em two weeks before teh Netcops shaft them.

Jester2K II 09:29 20 Oct 03

"This software is recognised as a backup software"

This is the statement used to get around the fact its pirate.

You get a copy of the software on CD-R and no CD key or license (usually).

The idea is supposed to be that if you buy a PC with bundled software but no CDs or have (ahem) "lost" your CD for Office XP, Windows XP, Paint Shop Pro, Norton Anti Virus Corporate Edition etc then you can purchase a (ahem) "backup" copy of the CD to use with the CD key you downloaded from the Internet (sorry thats the original CD key from the case of the "lost" CD)

This is an attempt to get round the fact its pirate.

Of course theres nothing to stop them taking your money and sending you

a) Nothing

b) a Blank CD

c) a CD-R with the software you ordered

d) a CD-R with the software you ordered plus a bonus virus or 3

e) a CD-R with any old software on it

spuds 20:08 20 Oct 03

No address or contact details.Affiliate programme that is closed.Deliveries via Eastern Europe, taking 2,4 or 6 weeks to arrive.Special discounts for sales of $2000 by Western Union transfer.Two website selling the same thing, with the same lay-out, but with different domains.

Think I will place an immediate large order, so I get a christmas delivery!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…