cheap microsoft software

wjrt 14:30 06 Feb 08

click here
as the statement at top right says "is this for real"

GaT7 14:47 06 Feb 08

Sure looks like it click here. G

interzone55 14:49 06 Feb 08

You will have to prove you're entitled to student discount, but MS do give fantastic student discounts at the moment.

Such a shame I'm not a student anymore.

bjh 20:05 06 Feb 08

It is for real. They (Microsoft) do theoretically insist on an email address at a UK educational establishment. The official Microsoft gateway is, I believe,
click here
That should allay any fears. You can reach it directly from the Microsoft UK site too.

None of my students have been asked for confirmation. However, some (2)have had to respond to an email to get the product code... so tread carefully if you are not eligible!

For those who aren't lucky enough to either be young enough to be in education, or to be otherwise eligible by teaching or bearing brats ... er blessed with children.... consider doing an Open University course! It'd work out cheaper than buying the product alone, and you'll end up speaking another language/holding an MBA etc!

Also, look up your local University, and see what courses they hold for external development!

€dstowe 22:07 06 Feb 08

You could also adopt OpenOffice. By doing this you would not have to resort to subterfuge to legally obtain the software or lay out any money at all.

paul€ 22:23 06 Feb 08

University's get their Microsoft software for free.

Two operating system and the latest office software validation codes can be had for free. At our seat of learning we can buy a full MaAfee AV and spyware suite for £2 each. The range of software is staggering if you look.

So if you are at Uni, check out the computer dept first.:))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…