Cheap memory

grandpoops 22:18 25 Oct 05

I am looking to increase my ram but the price difference between makers is terrific.So how good is the cheaper ram modules?

Thalmus 22:34 25 Oct 05

Use Crucial, best place on the planet to buy memory

click here

citadel 22:37 25 Oct 05

I only buy retail boxed memory that has a guarantee. The normal kind is fine but you can buy a more expensive kind that is better for overclocking.

grandpoops 22:45 25 Oct 05

Crucial & Kingstone are about £85 for what I want.the cheaper ram is about £45 so is it worth it? anybody had experiance of cheaper ram

De Marcus™ 22:50 25 Oct 05

I use some very expensive ram and also some very, very cheap ram in 2 different machines, I don't overclock and I can't say I notice the difference.

spuds 23:13 25 Oct 05

Have a look at Ebuyer click here they have different branded ram, including their own value range.

Belatucadrus 14:05 26 Oct 05

I've used Viking memory from ebuyer and it's good quality at a very good price. I wouldn't use their extra value brand though, looking at the reviews it seems the quality control is almost non existent and a lot of people have ended up with dead modules.

xania 12:55 28 Oct 05

Bought v. cheap RAM on Ebay. 1gb for ?27. Works perfectly.

click here

nar 14:37 28 Oct 05

will the cheap memory work with 512mb of crucial ram????

Methedrine 21:01 28 Oct 05

"Use Crucial, best place on the planet to buy memory"

Oh, is that why they wanted to charge me £124.54 for 1Gb of RAM for my laptop? I bought the same memory from Ebuyer for £86.99. Guess who made it? That's right, Crucial.

My advice is to use Crucial's website to find out exactly which RAM you need and then buy from Ebuyer.

I have bought several sticks of memory from Ebuyer over the years. All have been made by Crucial and all have been cheaper than buying from Crucial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…