Cheap Laptops

tree3 12:39 10 May 03

does anyoe know a good site where i can buy cheap laptops i don't mind if they have e.g. a floppy drive missing or something but a working laptop with a Win95 or Linux OS on it

tree3 18:11 11 May 03

anyone must know

-pops- 18:40 11 May 03

In reply to your attempt to obtain a supplier, try logging on to 'DATASERV' they are I think cheapest company in the U.K.

They have Laptops starting from around £250.00 inclusive of VAT & Delivery.

I have recently aquired a 12.1" TFT flat panel from them for under £100.00, and I am very satisfied with the way that they do business and the fact that nearly all there refubished unit are covered by a 12 Month RTB Warrenty...

You can find them at 'click here'

I think you will be suprised with their site...

John v.Dongen
Essex

tree3 19:12 11 May 03

i looked on the website and could not find any ones under £100 if anyone knows where i can get one for under £100 please tell me

Malaclypse 14:57 12 May 03

Ummm.... £100 is aiming a bit low.

When a laptop is worth as little as £100, people have so much trouble finding a buyer they usually bin it.
.... or consign it to the attic. That's your best bet. Aim second hand, and scour the adverts.

You might want to try 'Ad trader'-style papers or
something, and/or put an ad in the local classified sections - 'Wanted: laptop for less than £100, can be really low spec, just needs OS and ....'

Maybe an advert in your post office window / Tesco wherever.

madzad 15:29 12 May 03

I would maybe try going to a computer market where there is a guarantee from the organisation who run it and chrage the stall holders.

One I use on a regular basis is nortern computer markets, there is an online site to which to get dates and places from...

Hope that helps as I have seen laptops ranging from £150. upwards and the mostly are in good working order.

Steve
Lancs.

tree 3 19:54 12 May 03

what website is the online market you use Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…