Cheap hardware

Elyvate 11:51 11 Sep 03

I was wondering if anyone knew of a website or someone to contact to get old computer hardware from big companies. I know some of the time when they upgrade their systems that they auction them off and I'm sure that they dont throw them away.
Any help would be appreciated.

Stuartli 20:51 13 Sep 03

Try click here - it sells in singles or by the pallet ex-lease, reconditioned etc equipment of all types.

But be warned that it has a very strange security check system for new customers, demanding copies of a driving licence and also, for instance, a utility bill before despatching the first purchase.

It's the only firm I have ever come across that does such a thing.

Normally firms will run the usual credit checks via the agencies or rely on the debit/credit card companies to authorise purchases based on the billpayer's home address and, more often now, on the three figure number on the signature side of the card.

spuds 13:05 14 Sep 03

Contact your local council's environmental department.They may have a contacts list available, for companies that deal with second user equipment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…