Cheap External USB Hard Drive

anchor 09:49 03 Sep 05

I have just received a flyer through the door and see that Staples are selling a Western Digital USB 80Gb hard drive for £49.99. The catalogue number is 380172

Also, "Buy one get one free", Verbatim 10 pack DVD-R or DVD+R, in jewel case, for £9.99.

Excellent value.

Terry Brown 11:41 03 Sep 05

Sounds a good offer, like a lot of companies they have a 'Loss Leader', to encourage you to their store, hoping you will buy sopmething else.

bremner 12:21 03 Sep 05

A quick look online showed this drive to be at least £55 + pp so it seems an excellent deal. I have the WD 160GB USB2 external and that has been very good.

SEASHANTY 13:06 03 Sep 05

Verbatim DVD-R 8x discs spindle of 25 for £9-98 at Amazon. Buy 2 packs (50 discs in total) and this will take you over the £19 which then qualifies for free postage.

Staples offer is okay if you need the cases but I find the cases are now taking up too much space so use the plastic CD cases from the pound shop. These hold 48 discs and are easier to store than the jewel cases.

click here

googlicious 01:57 04 Sep 05

i got a western digital external hard drive off amazon.co.uk

250gb external for 100pounds...no qualms and worked ever since

jack 14:51 04 Sep 05

All very good stuff there
However as 'last weeks technology' is Ok by me -the first place I look for a piece of kit is
click here
The amount of kit sold there at considerable discount - simply because it has been replaced by the latest go-faster version in the mainstream stores never ceases to amaze me - Cameras in pareticular.
The catsalogue stores still selling models for £200 plus that have been pulled and Morgans are selling them for less than half price virtually.They call 'em 'Factory Refurbs' but all those I purchased have been brand new repackaged.
I have several Fuji's and Olympus from here and as it happens a USB Hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…