Cheap Epson Print Cartridges

Smudge 09:38 01 Sep 03

My new Epson CX3200 (C62 print engine) needs it's first black ink cartridge. PC World want £30 for the privilege of supplying me one.

Has anyone good experience of the compatible cartridge from the likes of Choice or Aktiv?. I've had some from Aktiv in the past and they have been OK, but I wonder what the choice ones are like.

And out of interest has anyone found a cheap supplier of originals for a decent price?. I suspect not-I bet Epson keep the prices high!.

Cheers all.

shifty 12:29 01 Sep 03

Choice cartridges are good, have also used them from click here without any problems.

bigboab y 13:09 01 Sep 03

Try click here very fast and excellent value

jospar 13:29 01 Sep 03

I use Choice cartridges, very cheap for My epson photo 900 (chipped), very good indeed.

Arrived in the next morning post. I've found no difference in quaillity. Changed the coulor cartridge half way through printing a photo, and tone, colour were all the same.

Templar1961 14:31 01 Sep 03

Does anyone recommend Inkrite?

I am thinking of trying them.

niknax 20:38 02 Sep 03

bought sixty pounds worth of ink from choice, as i use it for showing customers

minter 03:53 04 Sep 03

Try Print-Rite ink, available from click here

Have been using it for years, no trouble.

Did try some others but had problems, so went back to the one that works.

You must use your printer regularly with compatible cartridges or you can have problems.

steve wb 09:19 04 Sep 03

Choice may be cheap, but the price you pay is wasting ink in the nozzle cleaning process. I have used up a quarter of a cartridge doing this. Anyone else had the same problem?

pj123 13:49 06 Sep 03

I have four Epson printers, 895, C70, C42 and C20. They all use compatible ink from Choice Stationery and I bet you couldn't tell the difference between any of them. Unlike steve wb I have never had to do a clean when changing cartridges. The only time I have done a clean is if the printer has not been used for about 3 to 4 weeks. Now I usually run a print through them all about once a week. If you buy the Double Quad Pack from Choice, which is what I do, then the cost of each cartridges works out at £4.12 each. I sometimes also use click here which you might like to have a look at.

pj123 13:56 06 Sep 03

Just looked at Tonezone again myself and black for CX3200 is 3.49 and colour is 4.49 times 8 equals 31.92. Not much difference between Tonezone and Choice, except I find Choice is quicker on delivery.

lixdexik 11:27 08 Sep 03

Since I started with the Print-Rite cartridge on my Epson Stylus Photo 790, I have not yet had to clean the heads. The colour is perhaps better than the Epson originals that I used until the guarantee period was out. I am now going to try resetting the chips and refill the cartridges myself. I would have no hesitation recommending Print-Rite and I am sure other makes will be just as good. I can say that I will not be buying Epson inks again.

Cheers Lixdexik.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…