cheap ebay laptop - wotdoyoureckon???

dumber 14:44 14 Dec 05

Hi, before I start, I am no computer buff! I'm hoping you lot can give some good advice.

I am looking for a CHEAP laptop simply to take to work and run off a 12v car supply. I'll be using it for word documents mainly but It seems for not much more than £100 I can have a dvd player too.

To cut a long story short can you have a look at this item and give your view, I'd appreciate it.
E bay number

Its tough construction would be an advantage, I realise it's getting on but do you think I'd have any major issues with it?

Many thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:03 14 Dec 05

The computer is more than capable of dealing with documents. The company have an excellent feedback rating and I see no reason not to go for it especially as there is a 30 day warranty.

G

SG Atlantis® 16:07 14 Dec 05

click here

this is it.

I'm sure if you shopped around you'd get better for your money. Also doesn't any office software preinstalled.

dumber 16:16 14 Dec 05

I appreciate the quick replys guys. I have office 97 ready to install so that's no prob.

I thought at 100 quid it seemed too good to be true, do you think I could find a better one? A portable dvd player on it's own is around that price bearing in mind it's a 12" screen.

I was curious as to wether a 300MHz processor would be up to the job although I've just spoken to the company who assure me it plays movies well.

I'll hold off till tommorrow but if I order one I'll let you know the verdict.

Thanks again.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:31 14 Dec 05

It is more than powerful enough to do any office task or play movies. However, depending on the graphics card and the quality of the screen, I would not expect marvellous quality. You can also have the latest version of Open Office for nothing and it will sync with MS Office. I sed to run a 300MHz computer and it would operate Office 2000 and Photoshop 7 with ease.

The price is excellent as laptops tend to command a premium. I have seen few for less than £100 and they have been well scabby.

G

Stuartli 16:31 14 Dec 05

If word documents and the occasional DVD (though might struggle a bit) is all you require from such a laptop, then it does seem a reasonable buy.

But I'm puzzled why it costs £12 for p an p when the same company sells a high back gas lift chair and only charges £7.50 for p and p...:-)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…