Cheap DVD player

Martin12 21:57 01 Dec 03

I am after a cheap basic DVD player £40. Any ideas??

The Nomad 22:05 01 Dec 03

one in Amazon...

Medion MD40288 Multi-region DVD Player @ £39.99

Proline DVD 1050....£29.95 from any comet store...bargain!!!

Tony

TommyRed 22:13 01 Dec 03

Do one in Argos, Alba for £37.99. Got one on Saturday, only 4 left and woman in front of me was getting one as well, so be quick. There cheap enough to be on a lot of Christmas lists. Sainsburys were doing one for £34.95 but they'd sold out, check your local store. HTH TR

Belatucadrus 22:39 01 Dec 03
  Stuartli 09:17 02 Dec 03

Asda sells one under its Pacific brand name for £37 - my son tells me he discovered through the grapevice that it will play absolutely any disk inserted into its tray.

Elsewhere you can now buy a DVD player for £29.99 - but to be frank they have been overpriced for a long time, even though they are basically little more than a CD player.

Same with microwaves - £30 upwards for a basic model now.

But they are not built to last and as for getting them repaired, it's cheaper to buy a new one.

neko 14:02 02 Dec 03

I got the one from Argos for my mum and dad, the Alba like TommyRed did. Multiregional and a zoom function and suprisingly slim.

I couldn't fault it at £37.99. No DTS though, apparently the cheapo one from comet does do DTS!

About time they came down in price!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…