Cheap Digital Camera from Novatech

Pesala 22:44 25 Apr 04

This looks like a half-decent camera for next to nothing. click here How many 1280 x 1024 pictures can one take with this 0.5 Mbytes of memory? Is it usable without buying more memory? How long do batteries last?

zed650 22:57 25 Apr 04

Looks OK for a second/kids camera, but I would buy a storeage card and use recharable batteries (Ni-MH).

Totally-braindead 09:14 26 Apr 04

If you go back to the page you saw it on at Novatech and read the one review they have for it you'll get some of your questions answered.

Pesala 09:53 26 Apr 04

but with 1/2 Mbytes of internal memory, would you HAVE to buy USB Flash memory drive too? You could save two or three maximum resolution JPG images in theory, which would be enough for me as I would mostly use it near to my PC where I could download pics at once. The USB drive doubles the price.

Camera £30.98

Batteries £8.99

USB Drive £39.95

Total = £79.92

It looks expensive with all the extras.

I have bought one of these (ViviCam 355) mainly to photograph my students GCSE coursework.
The camera uses Compact Flash storage cards and a 64MB card, about £12 from Ebuyer, will hold in excess of 125 reasonable quality pictures.
The LCD screen is somewhat dark compared, to a more expensive model, but is adequate for indoor use. The TV out function is very useful to preview images (especially when presenting to a whole group)and the four supplied batteries are still going strong after about 150 shots!

Camera £30.98

CF card £12.00

Total £42.98

There is no need to purchase a USB Drive as the camera registers as a Removable Disk under XP. Software is supplied as are Drivers for WIN98 etc.
I would say that the camera offers excellent value for money - Novatech were also very efficient and delivered on time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…