Cheap CD ROM Drive

pl 19:07 08 Nov 03

My CD ROM drive has stop working. I am interested in buying a new one but I am on a budget. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

sgtdibble 19:17 08 Nov 03

pl I've just had one fitted (NEC 52x) for ?20 by my local Clinet Computer shop don't know if you have one near where you live if not try a local small coputer dealer you may be lucky they had some at ?12 if you could fit it yourself

rev.bem 20:06 08 Nov 03

If you have a local PC World

click here

And no postage.

Just thought i'd mention it before you know who

<|:-)>

:-)))

iain-217808 20:12 08 Nov 03

any sugestion on a good quality drive

spuds 22:17 08 Nov 03

Try ebuyer click here I ordered a cd-rw Optorite 52x32x52 IDE Drive [Quickfind 52648]Retail box for ?24.67 last Sunday,and it arrived on Thursday. The price of the basic Cd-rom drives and the Cd-Rw are not much different.Like the Liteon 24x10x40 IDE Drive-oem for ?14.69 [Quickfind 39080]

Stuartli 11:07 09 Nov 03

There is very little difference between a CD/DVD-ROM drive or its rewriter equivalent, merely what is charged for the latter....:-)

Sheer volume of manufacture means that floppies are now only three or four pounds each, a CD-ROM drive well under a tenner and a rewriter (admittedly a 24x write type made a year or two back) can be bought for under 15 pounds.

Even so spending another tenner will get you a CD-RW drive that's as fast as you will ever require at 48x write.

Most drives are rebadged products and the original manufacturers churned them out by the thousands, hence the low prices.

To find out who makes what and who rebadges them go to:

click here

Amss81 17:29 09 Nov 03

try computerorbits.com their prices are pretty reasonable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…