Cheap cases

sidecar sid 18:46 02 Apr 04

Anyone after a cheap PC case?

Ebuyer have a selection for £11.74 or less if you order before 9am Monday

click here

Totally-braindead 17:38 03 Apr 04

Why not order one like mine,when I got it i ordered 13 parts in all 6 were faulty and the case front was smashed.

sidecar sid 17:57 03 Apr 04

Totally-braindead 18:19 03 Apr 04

What I'm saying Sidecar Sid is you get what you pay for, Ebuyer is cheap I'll give you that but when you get a faulty item have you ever tried to return it? I prefer to deal with companies who sort faulty goods out and Ebuyer is not one of those companies. Even if the case was £5 I still would never buy from them again. I'm sure there are people out there who are happy with them I know the FE is one, but me never again.

byfordr 18:29 03 Apr 04

Depends how you complain...just had a load of free cables, free delivery on next purchase and my money refunded after ebuyer sent the wrong item twice. Also had money refunded before for faulty goods. They are very cheap for most things!

sidecar sid 18:33 03 Apr 04

I can understand your reluctance to deal With Ebuyer given your experience.I personally have used them on several occasions and have had no cause for complaint.

Mind you i have used several online suppliers and to date i have had no problems,perhaps i should chainge my name to Lucky Sid.

Stuartli 08:46 04 Apr 04

If anyone decides to order one of these low cost cases it's worth time out to read the reviews first...:-)

fuzzyone 14:28 04 Apr 04

sidecar sid

The Atlas ATX Tower bottom right, is a fantastic case (my dughters have a beige one) though I wouldn't be tempted by the pink one.

It's made by superflower, and comes in at less than a £10.

Add a decent Psu, and your off

Stuartli 15:01 04 Apr 04

Some cases can be devils to get into and work on and others are a pleasure to own.

Mine was bought off the shelf five years ago for £31 without even examining it; it has side panels that slide off after taking out a couple of screws on each at the rear, has plenty of working room and has been a pleasure to use.

Ironically, my son told me a few days after I bought it that it was exactly the same as his own case...:-)

sidecar sid 15:26 04 Apr 04

As a footnote my favourite budget cases are manufactured by Tsunami.

click here

This one in particular

click here

350W power supply adequate for most budget builds, only one thumb screw to open and
Reasonably sturdy, havn’t had one fail yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…