The Charts

Ol' Greyhair 23:59 10 Feb 05

Although there is always an undercurrent of complaints on various bits of kit, there seems to be an outbreak of venom against some system manufacturers. It might be a good idea to get as many forum members to rate their equipment, the manufacturer and the customer service - not detailed moans, just a rating. If there's a reasonable response perhaps Forum Ed could give us a breakdown after a time.

Equally, this wouldn't just sort out the bad views, it could be interesting to see how many rate a system or manufacturer highly. It'd probably give a more balanced view - 160,000 members could certainly give us all a shrewd idea of the true state of play.

I'm in no way trying to lessen the horror of what we are reading when things have gone wrong - I'm just trying to enlarge the view.

To save time all that's needed are marks out of 10, 10 being truly, ecstatically excellent and perhaps a brief note.

My system is a bit like Trigger's broom, I've had the same one years! I've changed most things at least once - not a currently made system, I admit but I'll kick this off with it anyway -

Acer Aspire 6100, modified beyond belief - 8

Acer back up - 9 (Straight back to me on a totally out of date beast)

PCWorld for printers, scanner and update bits and pieces - 6

PCWorld aftersales service - 6

Dabs for update stuff - 7

Eizo monitor customer service - 6

cycoze 09:58 11 Feb 05

There is good and bad said about all manafacturers, unfortunatly in forums you will always see the down side of this, people are more likely to log on to a forum and complain than they are to sing a companys praises.

I build my own, but i do buy from different companies, new parts and PC`s for others, most companies are perfectly ok at sorting problems out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…