Charging my new Tom Tom One

User-312386 20:45 01 Jun 06

Hi all

Well i bought the Tom Tom one today

However, does it charge via the USB cable?

Nothing in the literature to say it does.

Am i being a little thich here?

g0nvs 20:50 01 Jun 06

Either buy the Tom Tom charger or charge from cigar lighter socket in the car.

User-312386 20:53 01 Jun 06

So it does not charge via the USB then?

g0nvs 21:10 01 Jun 06

No. Seperate charger or power lead from cigar lighter to power connector on unit.

alB 21:15 01 Jun 06

Hope you're pleased with your purchase, Tom Tom doesn't charge up from the USB port as g0nvs says, buy the mains charger or use the cigar socket in your car, personally I think the mains charger is a bit expensive and after the first couple of days "playing" with the unit (and flattening the battery !!) an hour in the car as you're using it keeps the battery well topped up, the only time I've connected mine to the PC was to backup the SD card (which you really should do) using the utility on the supplied disc, you can buy a larger SD card to add other POI's / voices etc but thats something you may want to do in the future, again I've not really found a need to do that myself...alB

g0nvs 21:16 01 Jun 06

Tom Tom charger .....click here

g0nvs 21:19 01 Jun 06

Also NEVER leave the mounting bracket on view. Sat Nav's are very much sought after by the light fingered thieving scum.

alB 21:22 01 Jun 06

VERY Good advice... I bought a cheapo pack of wet wipe window cloths and give the screen a quick going over after taking the mount off to remove the sucker mark.. alB

User-312386 22:05 01 Jun 06

Yes i am very pleased with it

The only thing i am not happy with is the itinerary, when planning a route, surely it would be better to get to the destination and then the next one is planned, instead of having to go to the itinerary and "mark as visited".

Apart from the above i am well pleased with it.

Thanks for the advice about the sucker removal mark

VNAM75 22:43 01 Jun 06

Buy this for a fraction of the price of the TomTom charger. Works perfectly for the TT1

click here

alB 22:44 01 Jun 06

Yes I see what you mean about the itinerary planning, not a feature I've used, one workaround could be for you to save your destinations for the day in favourites (addresses or postcodes) and then use the "navigate to ..." option as you get to each destination, not perfect but it might be easier, at the end of the day/journey you can then delete the details from favourites, hope this makes sense...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…