Changing phone numbers.......

Pooke 21:02 24 Aug 05

Following my recent thread. I have been getting crappy phone calls daily from an international number trying to sell me stuff. It seems to be different everytime, just says ¨internat¨ on the callerid. Signed up to tps but I am considering changing my number.

A few idiots have come into possession of my number now aswell, so I have been getting unwanted calls there too.......

I am with ntl, how do I go about changing my number? How much does it cost, and most importantly will it affect my broadband service>?

thanks

Pooke

kbo64 22:35 24 Aug 05

Do NTL not have a way to display the caller's number, like on the Jeremy Clarckson advert?

Tim1964 23:49 24 Aug 05

Pooke,

Your best bet would be to ask NTL on 151 or 0800 052 2000 and tell them that you are getting nuisance calls. I believe that Telco's have to act on this (part of their licence).

If you change your number to another NTL one or to a BT one it will not affect your BB as you can have NTL BB with or without the phone, using all the same equipment. I originally had NTL for TV/Phone and BB but now with Sky so no STB anymore.

Pooke 15:21 25 Aug 05

ok tim thanks.

Pooke

Meshuga 18:47 27 Aug 05

Pooke, I`ve been getting these international sales calls and it appears that even if you register with the telephone preference service they cannot stop calls from outside UK. And even if you change your number they will get hold of it and you wil get calls again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…