Changing energy suppliers

CurlyWhirly 21:14 22 Sep 04

This is the FIRST post that I have sent that isn't related to computers but as my query involves the use of websites it may just escape the Forum Editor's deletion!
I am with British Gas and I have just been informed that my gas prices are AGAIN rising, can anyone suggest a few websites that I can look at to compare energy companies pricing?
I am intending to switch suppliers as enough is enough!

spuds 22:10 22 Sep 04

Try these click here= click here

CurlyWhirly 22:13 22 Sep 04

tigerb 11:57 23 Sep 04

Take care who you change to, British Gas are not alone, we have just been told by Npower that all their prices are going up from 1st of October surely everyone else will just follow suit

SEASHANTY 12:24 23 Sep 04

Saving on electricity costs certainly affects PC's
amongst many other items. I now take the dual fuel
package from Scottish Power. It also includes an additional saving of £15 annually by using the online service. I fixed the prices of both gas and electricity with them at the start of this year. Prices are fixed until 2006. Extremely glad I did so
now in view of the hefty increases from B.G. and NPower. The Government info on fuel comparison websites is here
click here

JonnyTub 12:46 23 Sep 04

Having worked in that industry for 3 years i found that the best way to go about it was to get your gas from an electricity company and your electric from a gas company, reason being is that for example, the gas companies had their prices froze to allow competition and so therefore electricity suppliers could supply you cheaper than the gas companies themselves and vice versa, don't know if that still applies, it's been three years since i worked in the industry.

SEASHANTY 15:44 23 Sep 04

I think the cheapest option these days is to take dual fuel from one supplier and pay by using a fixed
monthly direct debit. Additional savings - albeit
small - can be obtained by using an online energy
account. Saves them the cost of sending out bills.

TOPCAT® 16:53 23 Sep 04

on these energy price increases. More suppliers are set to increase their prices, so a move right now could mean changeover problems with some supplier. It's been known to happen in the past.

Martin Lewis at click here is worth checking out for up-to-date news on saving money. He also warns against moving utilities right now. TC.

It's Me 17:02 23 Sep 04

We went over to being a smokeless zone some years ago. Our Parish Council invited British Gas to take the opportunity to bring gas to our small village. The nearest gas being some half a mile away.

They quoted us £4000 per house to get it to the village and £2000 per house for those that then wanted it. Needless to say that we have no gas here. This was at the time that British Gas was advertising that their services were in the middle of freezing Canada, which I never did understand.

As a result, most of us went for oil.
Therefore none of these discounts are available to us, and we don't half get miffed when we are constantly deluged with all these fancy offers by post and 'phone, the latest being to service our gas boiler.

Djohn 02:00 24 Sep 04

click here Does all the calculations for you then manages the change over if you wish.

CurlyWhirly 13:43 24 Sep 04

I am going to change from British Gas but the tricky part is deciding who to change to!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…