Changes to MESH original PC spec and warranty

Mutant_Llama 12:15 10 Oct 03

Wondered if anyone could answer this...

I have a MESH PC that is still under warranty but I replaced the original PSU with a better one, replaced the GF3 with a Radeon 9700PRO and changed the memory from 512MB to 1024MB.

Does anyone know how this will affect the warranty should I need to return it for problems?

johnnyrocker 12:30 10 Oct 03

in my opinion and judging by past experience with that dodgy outfit they have used far weaker reasons than 'different spec to that supplied' to weedle out of their obligations/duty so i think you can safely say you now have no warranty,

cheers.

johnny.

gold 47 12:36 10 Oct 03

I have an Evesham computer if you change it from the factory spec your warranty becomes invalid.

Mutant_Llama 13:05 10 Oct 03

doh.....

Djohn 13:38 10 Oct 03

I would think it depends on what your present problem is. If any of the alterations can be contributed to the fault then no. I can't see the upgrade of a graphic card, or memory causing concern with Mesh. The replacement of the PSU might. Best to give them a phone call, or email and enquire. Regards. j.

Djohn 13:42 10 Oct 03

Sorry, the above should be:

If any of the alterations can be contributed to the fault, then yes, your warranty will be void. The rest of the post, as above.

TBH1 13:54 10 Oct 03

gold 47 - - - I upgraded my Evesham and they confirmed it would not affect my warranty.

MESH Response 14:26 10 Oct 03

I can confirm that normally we advise that any component replaced/upgraded by the customer would not affect the warranty but we could not cover the parts changed.

Furthermore, we must point out that any faults occurring as a direct result of the upgrade would fall outside our standard terms & conditions and as such, it may incur a charge for repairs.

MESH Response

gold 47 18:57 10 Oct 03

Many thanks TBH1 you must be lucky i was told to take out my USB card before i could have my computer repaired but that was about two years ago they must have had a change of heart.

Mutant_Llama 13:24 13 Oct 03

For give my lack of knowledge on these forums but I was not expecting MESH to reply to this post, nice one MESH!

I have now got to the point where I think my MoBo (Asus A7A-266E AliMagik) chipset cannot handle the Radeon 9700PRO I have installed on it....

Please feel free to correct me on this though I realise this is more of tech post really....

I plan to return it to the original spec and see if the problem still occurs...if so its a call to MESH...if not then its time to sell it (I cannot be limited to a 512MB XP1900 GF3ti200) and get another on credit (time to start looking at the current POWER PC winner on this site!!)

tenaka 15:00 13 Oct 03

or you could consider upgrading the motherboard and othr bits gradually to spread the cost that way?

This method increases your own knowledge and may be useful in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…