Cd Writers: novotech vs Asus

pauleboy 09:18 22 Feb 03

I'm looking to buy either the Asus CRW-5224A (currently top of the pcadvisor charts and with read/write/rewrite speeds of 52-/52-/24) or the Novatech Burnproof 52x Write 24x Rewrite 52x Read IDE CD Writer with CD Writing Software. The latter is about £20 cheaper than the former; I don't mind paying the extra in the least if it gets me a better product but I'm curious to know if the Asus is really worth it and what the Novotech lacks to make it so much cheaper!

BLH 10:01 22 Feb 03

I brought a MSI 48x16x48 for less than £40 and it's a very good product.

Stuartli 13:43 22 Feb 03

Most CD/DVD-ROM drives and rewriters are rebadged products; only a comparatively small number of manufacturers actually produce them.

Go to click here

if you wish to find out who makes what and who actually rebadges the drives and rewriters.

It's the same for many other computer products and peripherals, along with CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R and similar media.

Details of these at:

click here

rickf 16:11 22 Feb 03

Go for the novatech. As said you'll not find much difference. Novatech is a very reliable co. with v. good customer service.

Beas-Knees 13:34 23 Feb 03

Asus 52/24/52 available from click here for £48.18 inc. Brilliant writer.What is the price of the Novetech.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…