CD writer / RW DVD queery

Stowit 16:55 29 Mar 04

Has anyone any recommendations for a Dvd / Cdr /cdrw. I fancy a new drive for a PC I'm assembling, instead of the 2 (one DVD rom, one cd writer)I have. I doubt I'll need DVD writing ability, just cd, but I want it to play anything! I've seen some new on Ebay for under £50, but don't know which are any good. This buffer under run (prevention) technology sounds good, but can you get that with software? Would I be better off with a DVD writer? Would it prove more versatile? Ive seen several Samsung advertised, & idealy I'd like it to be black (many of these are).
Under £90 I've seen dvd writers, but again do they record in a format anything else will recognise? & I doubt I'd have cause to use one to write a DVD anyway. However, if I get a digital cam corder.....So how do I splash the cash?

Stowit 20:13 29 Mar 04

rickimalone 20:24 29 Mar 04

SONY DWU-18A - 8x DVD-RW (R/W all standard formats)*

click here
£82 Inc Vat had mine for over a week now and it has done nothing but impress me over and over again in both CD-RW and DVD-RW very fast and smooth. At this price its a steal and shop about and you might get it cheaper, but Mesh were very good.
100% Recommended

Stowit 21:14 30 Mar 04

Thanks my CD writer's a Sony & very good. Any others?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…