CD Rewriters for dunces

Toc H Lamp 17:14 25 Aug 03

I want to get rid of my antiquated computer and buy a new "budget" system that includes a CD-RW option. What minimum requirements should I be looking for ? The specifications quoted for CD writers mean very little to me.

Barrie_G 17:27 25 Aug 03

any new system will be well up to the job of burning cd's and will probably come with a cd writer as standard.

wee eddie 17:41 25 Aug 03

CD-R is said to be good for 10 years but there are frequent riders and qualifications to that.

CD-RW (which allows you to use the same disk again and again) is not recommended as a Security System, but you can write CD-R on a CD-RW drive.

Writing a CD is very easy to do successfully, so long as you remember not try to use the PC for anything else at the same time as you are running a "burn".

terminus 18:07 25 Aug 03

I recently purchased a new PC fitted with a CD-Rewriter, and XP Pro, Nero, disc, etc.

With XP it's so simple, I haven't used Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…