CD Laser Lens Cleaner

Edbanger 15:24 09 Apr 04

I am looking for one of these, as anyone any recommendations. It,s for my Denon Cd player, which does not read all of my CDs.
It's not the discs as they work in the car or on another CD player.

Stuartli 15:34 09 Apr 04

There is very rarely any need to use a CD lens cleaner - drives and players are normally well sealed.

It's more likely that your Denon player (it's a top class make) cannot read some of your disks because it is outside its remit.

Checking the actual model number's specifications on the Denon website should reveal exactly what type of disks it can read.

If you really must get a lens cleaner, then any local discount store will have them in from around £1.99 - anything very much more and you are probably being ripped off.

ade.h 17:01 09 Apr 04

If your player really does need cleaning, which it might if it's been used for a long time or in a dusty atmosphere (normally only a problem for top-loaders) then you could try a Milty lens cleaning CD from a Hi-fi store. It's effective at reviving old CD drives, though as Stuartli says, it can just be down to the type of disc or the player.

Edbanger 18:59 09 Apr 04

I've checked the Denon website and it does not show the CD player that I have, even under discontinued products.
The CDs I've tried to play, have been used in the past with no problems.
These are genuine shop bought CDs, not copies, which is what made me think that the lens needed cleaning.

Thank for your help.

Ed.

Stuartli 14:32 10 Apr 04

What is the model number of the Denon? It will be listed somewhere on the case.

Edbanger 19:02 10 Apr 04

The model No is. UD-M5 3-CD Receiver.

A UD-M50 is on the Drenon site but not mine.

I'll buy a lens cleaner tomorrow and see if it makes any differance.

Ed.

Stuartli 19:23 10 Apr 04

It appears to be a component of a hi-fi system:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…