CD LABELLING SOFTWARE COMPATABILITY WITH WINDOWS.

AlanRLong50 11:59 03 Aug 05

Hello.I would like to ask you more knowledgeable people what kind of reasonably priced/free CD Labelling software is compatible with Windows XP Home SP2 and Windows Media Player 10 please.I want to be able to produce a semi-pro cd label and insert along with a booklet if this possible as well. Do you work with this computer system and,if so,what brand would you recommend please? I am starting from scratch and have no equipment yet. Thank you very much for your kind help in advance.Alan.

spuds 12:40 03 Aug 05

Here's a selection of cd label software click here

pj123 16:33 03 Aug 05

The one I have been using for quite some time now is Discus. It has templates for most (if not all) CD/DVD labels and also now will print direct to CD/DVD if your printer supports it.

click here

Sapins 17:17 03 Aug 05

Do not use labels on CD's to be played in a car, the players have rollers which can start to dislodge the label thereby jamming the player and causing irreparable damage to it. Sticking labels on CD's and DVD's can unbalance them and *possibly* cause the disc to break up and damage the drive and anything in front of it!

Far better to get a printer that will print directly onto the discs or, failing that write a title on the CD/DVD and keep the information re content in the insert booklet.

pj123 17:32 03 Aug 05

Although I am prepared to believe what Sapins says, I have never had any problems with "stick on" labels, whether they are played in my car, my computer or my portable player. I must also add that I do have an Epson R200 printer that does print direct to CD/DVD, but I have never used it in that mode as I do not have any "printable" media. I will go and get some and give it a try.

Bebee 18:35 03 Aug 05

The Avery site has free software (DesignPro) that will print on all their labels, including CDs.
click here
Brett

€dstowe 19:04 03 Aug 05

If you use Nero burning software, you will find label makers, booklet makers and case insert makers in there.

subyroo 22:05 04 Aug 05

Langa.com reported that over time the glue from these stock on labels can or may render the CD/DVD useless, I have stopped using the stick on labels and gone back to using a felt pen as my current printer does not print to CD's/DVD's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…