//some 3rd party need geo

CD burner/card reader

anchor 09:52 17 May 04

I have just come across a new gadget that will burn picture images from your card direct to a CD. It will also play audio CD`s.

It`s called CD Photo Store & costs £150.

click here

Diodorus Siculus 10:11 17 May 04

Interesting and no doubt will have a market. 'Not sure that I would spend £150 for the convenience though.

As an aside, my biggest gripe with these multi readers though is the difficulty in getting one to read xD cards - most other formats are supported, but rarely xD. Does anyone know of a multireader with xD support?

Stuartli 10:26 17 May 04

Freecom makes a CD-RW internal rewriter which does the same thing - and at lower cost; just over £40:

click here

There's also a similar product from Benq but the only place I've seen it advertised is on the website of the retail outlet run by two teenagers in Aberdeen - can't remember the business name.

Stuartli 10:31 17 May 04
  Diodorus Siculus 12:04 17 May 04

Stuartli - the Freecom burner seems to need a computer to work; as I understand it, the CD Photo Store is a stand alone item.

Thanks for the links to the card readers - shows how long since I looked for one!

byfordr 12:26 17 May 04

click here £11.74, had about 10 of these for friends and family, do the lot including xd.

R

Diodorus Siculus 12:29 17 May 04

byfordr - thanks - good price too. One on order now.

anchor 12:30 17 May 04

Diodorus Siculus: you are correct.

The Freecom is an internal device, & needs a computer to work; whereas the CD Photostore does not. Hence, the high price. Might be useful for someone going on an extended trip.

Myself, I take my laptop with me and transfer the images from the card to the hard drive. Don`t go on extended trips though; 3 weeks max.

Stuartli 14:04 17 May 04

I should have read the details a little more carefully as I immediately assumed it was purely an external CD-RW rewriter...:-)

Somewhat expensive though despite its other roles.

On the other hand I didn't know, until about two months ago, that you could buy an internal CD-RW rewriter with a built-in card reader - not that there seems to be a gigantic choice - for only about £10-£15 more than standard models.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…