CD burner not requiring PC

lovelylel 16:30 04 Nov 03

Anyone know if it's possible to buy a CD burner which does not involve a PC? My father has numerous vinyl LPs which he'd like to burn to CD. He does have a computer but no CD burner and to be honest it might be better if he didn't go down that road! My laptop is way out of date and has no CD burner either. I am sure I've seen something in a mail order catalogue but no idea where. Hopefully it would be a freestanding unit which could plug into the record player via the usual leads. Hope someone can help me.

Belatucadrus 16:59 04 Nov 03
  Stuartli 17:29 04 Nov 03

You are probably thinking of a CD player for home/hi-fi use which can copy audio CDs - there are numerous models on the market. Here's a couple:

click here

click here

Stuartli 17:29 04 Nov 03

The Denon model should be able to do what you wish.

lovelylel 08:30 05 Nov 03

Many thanks, I have passed the links you pasted to my Dad and hope he'll be able to sort out what to buy.

keenan 12:55 05 Nov 03

Another good source click here

Stuartli 18:01 05 Nov 03

That one slipped my mind - remarkable really as my son gets all his requirements from them at the Liverpool branch....:-)

Superb prices.

keenan 18:28 05 Nov 03

'small world' same branch i use :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…