CCL Computers, Aria Technology ,+ ..... ANY GOOD??

ski 'n' ski 14:49 20 Mar 03

Has anyone used any of these companies to source parts ans systems etc. What are they like to deal with and can anyone recommend a good place to shop........

Elrond 15:19 20 Mar 03

I've used ccl computers a few times and have found them to be excellent. Always the right items sent, always within a couple of days. Could do with reducing their postage costs. Other than that excellent(touch wood for next time i use them). Crucial.com/uk is the best place for your memory excellent service again.

Webmaster 15:20 20 Mar 03

CCL Computers based in Tong outside Bradford, West Yorkshire, is very good value for money and I can't recommend them enough. I frequently use them, especially to build systems. They are exceptionally good for parts too.

However, my only criticism of CCL is that you sometimes have to make sure they have built a system correctly. For example, the last machine I got them to build, was a 2.0GHz AthlonXP and they had clocked it down to 1.5GHz without telling me why. I got them to check it out while I was at their premises and they said that it was wrong and then properly clocked it back to 2.0GHz, which was nice. :-)

But when it came to me trying to install Windows 2000 Professional, it wouldn't install. I rang them up and, yes, they were very helpful indeed, but they didn't explain the following while I was at their premisis: "you need to lower the clock speed in order for the modern Microsoft installers to function correctly, then you can put the clock speed back to normal by flicking a switch back again on the motherboard, when Windows has been installed."

I really do recommend them. To get their latest prices, which they upload every day, click here.

They do good deals for companies, trade customers, and retail customers.

RomQ 17:45 20 Mar 03

CCL are rated highly. You might like to see how they and other firms are ranked: click here

jimv7 18:11 20 Mar 03

I have just recently bought 3xscsi hard drives from aria, an error as they were fibre drives, got an rma number from them and after a week of sending them back, they returned the money.
(also they DID answer the phone, fairly quickly
)
Seems a very good firm, I would buy from them again.

I also do not work for aria.

rickf 20:43 20 Mar 03

I bought from Aria before and they are good. No probs. when I used them and would use them again.

ski 'n' ski 21:07 20 Mar 03

Thanks for all those comments. Seems that there are quite a few happy customers of aria and ccl.

That ratings chart will be really useful, thaks RomQ

steve0 22:46 20 Mar 03

Have bought a DVD drive - standalone for living room - superb quality - friends have ordered 6 more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…