cassette to cd recommendations in Lonond

jimmylove 19:18 10 Jun 04

I need to transfer just one audio cassette to cd. Can anyone recommend where I can get this done in London? I don't have the cables to do this at home and the cost of buying them will be more than getting this one tape done I imagine.

Thanks,

James

Totally-braindead 19:32 10 Jun 04

The cables are not expensive only a couple of quid, the thing that would make it uneconomical is if you had to buy software and a cd writer. What operating system do you use, do you have a cd writer and if so what software do you have for burning CDs.

Totally-braindead 19:39 10 Jun 04

PS If you get stuck drop me an email and I'll do it for you for a pound say, that'll cover the price of the disk and the postage back to you of the disk and tape.

TomJerry 19:41 10 Jun 04

a cable will cost around £2 from Maplin, link your tape player earphone socket to a computer sound card's line-in or mic in socket, play the tape, use a free program such as Cdex click here to record on wav files. Open any decent CD burning software, burn it on CD. If your CD burning software canot do this. Download a demo version of Nero click here to do it.

Have no computer? Ask a mate do it for you.

jimmylove 19:49 10 Jun 04

Had no idea it was that simple! Thanks. I have a Sony Vaio with a mic in socket on the side. It also comes preloaded with cd burning software although I always use iTunes. What kind of cable should I ask for?
TIA,
James

Totally-braindead 19:56 10 Jun 04

All you need is a cable with 2 plugs on it one goes into the sound card and the other goes in to your tape deck, if you have a pertable tape deck its a 2.5mm to 2.5mm jack plug you need but make sure you get a stereo cable. What software do you have for burning?

Totally-braindead 19:58 10 Jun 04

Meant to say portable tape deck

jimmylove 20:03 10 Jun 04

maybe my MAC G4 powerbook would be better - it has Toast titanium on it. Sony has their bog standard drag 'n drop to cd software.

Totally-braindead 20:09 10 Jun 04

I've recorded a tape using easy cd creator as well as doing a few LPs as well, there really is nothing to it, don't know about the Toast software or Sonys own software but I'm fairly sure either would work and if they don't then just load up Nero 6 for a 30 day trial as TomJerry has suggested or look at your PC Advisor cover disk for My 2004, it was on that.

jimmylove 20:11 10 Jun 04

cool. thanks.

Totally-braindead 20:16 10 Jun 04

Meant to say May 2004 disk but you probably worked that out anyway, sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5