Cartridge World inks fading

liblob 08:03 03 Jul 04

I have used Cartridge World to refill HP cartridges for a while and found them very efficient. Three weeks ago I printed some photos on glossy paper and they were fine. However I left them on the back seat of the car and looking at them yesterday I found that the top one, exposed to the light, had faded very badly. So if you want longevity for your prints choose the ink carefully.

Dorsai 09:16 03 Jul 04

I guess that is why non-genuine ink costs less than genuine. You get what you pay for.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:54 03 Jul 04

You left them on the back seat of a car in sunlight???? What did you expect? Any ink would have faded in direct sunlight and temperatures of 130f. /eyes raise

G

SEASHANTY 12:40 03 Jul 04

All colour photographs fade in time if left in direct light. Leaving in direct sunlight is worse still. Put them in the shade.

spuds 14:09 03 Jul 04

I do not think that you can blame the ink for this one.Leave anything in sunlight or in hot surroundings and it will have an effect on most things.

liblob 19:01 03 Jul 04

Thanks Gandalf and others for the bracing bucket of cold water. Of course you are right and I hadn't thought it through. Thanks foir taking the trouble
Regards Alex

oresome 19:18 03 Jul 04

Sunshine???? Where abouts in the country do you live.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…