Carrera response?

ChrisP 14:56 09 Jan 03
  ChrisP 14:56 09 Jan 03

Do Carrera ever respond here? I thought they had a thread to this site. The number of negative comments is such that some potential buyers are clearly being turned off. I have posted my bad experience (ongoing saga) under the thread "Carrera - any good news?" and Becles has been having a bad time as well. Any update on this yet?

Carrera were a very good company but seem to have problems at the moment. What is up with them that they have apparently withdrawn from the rest of the world? Hello, is there anybody there?

Goldcroft 15:24 09 Jan 03

Why don't you let them know by phone or email that this damaging thread is running and they should respond?

ChrisP 18:15 09 Jan 03

Calling Carrera by phone is not a rewarding experience unless you like hanging on at 0871 rates for a considerable time. I thought Carrera had a thread contact with PCAdvisor, or so it saysa in the magazine. I am already expecting my money returned after a letter to that effect sent by special delivery. My concern was more general - what is up with this Company that it cannot be bothered to reply to posts which hardly advertise their wares positively?

Patr100 18:30 09 Jan 03

There's a response from a Carrera representative in this earlier thread although an appearance from a vendor in the forum doesn't always lead to greater communication - witness the absymal appearance some months back of of Dell "customer services" inviting comments and then completely ignoring them.
click here

astral traveller 18:30 09 Jan 03

My pc is/was due for delivery - 1st week in January. It hasn't arrived yet. I am stretching the interpretation of "1st week" until the end of business hours on Friday 10th. After this I will ressurect "Carrera - any good news" hopefully it will be to say that my pc has arrived and is working fine - but I'm not holding my breath. I have emailed Carrera and asked for a delivery date, I was told it was scheduled for despatch before this coming weekend and I would be contacted the day before despatch to confirm - 1 day left! I did previously suggest that Carrera may wish to reassure it's customers via this forum but as ChrisP says, not a dickie bird.

Becles 22:13 09 Jan 03

Just updated my thread!

I've just started reading PC Advisor after taking on a special trial subscription that they offered. I noticed that Carrera were mentioned in the magazine which was my main reason for coming here! I thought by posting here they might help sort my problem quicker.

Now I'm addicted to the forum and enjoy reading the other posts :oD

Becles

mjohansen 11:44 16 Jan 03
  jazzypop 12:06 16 Jan 03

ChrisP 13:41 16 Jan 03

Both Becles and I are asking for our money back and Mark has not replied to any emails. Becles has returned his computer already. Perhaps Mark could help by replying to existing correspondence/emails?

flying scotsman33 10:27 17 Jan 03

Hmm, well I have placed an order for a new PC from Carrera on 3rd January (despite all the worrying complaints on here). Received a letter yesterday explaining they have had a "computer virus" & due to all the extra work recovering order data, my system will take an extra week to arrive, this on top of an expected 4 week delivery time already! .... Definitely having 2nd thoughts now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…