Carrera Computers entering administration

PsiFox 16:06 11 Jan 05

Pleasenote that Digital Network PLC trading under

Demonite, Order247, and Carrera Computers will enter administration on Thursday. Apparently there will be a press release tomorow
Source click here
PsiFox

GibsonSt19 17:43 11 Jan 05

Just recieved delivery of PC before Christmas, all wrong components etc, and still awaiting some vital bits to come through. I've been chasing them up, but obviously in light of the above they're not going to be too bothered about fulfilling anything.

Any ideas how best I can proceed? Ideally to get the system back to them for a full refund.

PsiFox 18:05 11 Jan 05

Did you pay by credit card?

PsiFox

GibsonSt19 18:19 11 Jan 05

Via VISA Chargecard :(

I've called Carrera, who advise that they can't complete my order (have most of the system), and can't provide a refund.

Spoke to my Bank (TheOneAccount) who advised that they can do nothing to help.

I'm stuffed.

spuds 18:31 11 Jan 05

All may not be lost. Obtain the name of the Administrators from the people that you have contacted, they may have a solution in the very near future.

Apparently it was a case of business failure due to rapid expansion procedures. The actual administrators details are pending general release. If you check all the websites of all the companies mentioned, they are still functioning and seem operational!.

Kate B 18:40 11 Jan 05

Hate to pour cold water on Spuds' good suggestion, GibsonSt19, but as an individual you're going to be way down the priority list for refunds, I'm afraid. All Carrera's bigger and more able to shout louder creditors such as suppliers and staff, not to mention any shareholders, will be forming a long and disorderly queue ahead of you.

This is an object lesson in the wisdom of paying by credit card - I do hope that Carrera will be able to do right by you.

PJM 19:06 11 Jan 05

Was told last week that my replacement graphics card had been despatched. Rang today to state that I still hadn't received it and was told that dnplc had gone into administration. Mentioned the fact that this now meant they've been lying to me for the past week and they weren't bothered at all.

They haven't despatched anything since before Christmas.

Told me not to expect any compensation whatsoever and that my best bet was to attempt to get something from my credit card company. I've contacted them and now I'll just have to wait and see what happens, as technically I received the goods from Carrera over 60 days ago, but it's a shame one of the components has now clapped out.

961 19:23 11 Jan 05

Some VISA debit cards DO look after you

Contact VISA to see what they will do to help

Carrera SSC 20:59 11 Jan 05
  Starfox 22:36 11 Jan 05

Something not right here.If that news report is true,and I sincerely hope not, then it looks like another case of the staff being last to know (again).

bfoc 23:28 11 Jan 05

For support centres to operate whilst an Administrator attempts to find a buyer, so the news report and the response could be both accurate.

Administration does not always mean liquidation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…