carrera computers-are they any good????!!!!!????

lucozade9 21:33 14 Oct 04

i am interested in a carrera pc however i havent heard of them before even though they are on the best buy list. so i was just wondering if they are any good?

also does a return to base warranty mean they cover parts and labour when you send it back to them?

thanks in advance for your help
luca

Starfox 22:43 14 Oct 04

Search the archives for "carrera"you may or may not like what you see!

bowl 22:59 14 Oct 04

I bought one nearly years ago and it was a lot of trouble for months not a lot of co-operation from the phone lines. Touch wood it seems to be reasonable at the moment but would not buy another one my opinion search the forum for comments. Best of luck!

bowl 23:01 14 Oct 04

Sorry that should have said 2years ago numbers lock not on

spuds 23:09 14 Oct 04

I think Carrera was going to have a presence here within the forum. They posted once I believe, something to do with a rush of orders and delays.

blendit 12:35 15 Oct 04

i have a carrera octan pro. i have found it to be very good, looks stylish. Has been very good for photoshop work and can handle current games etc...i would reccomend it for the sorts of things i use it for. and value wise etc. only downside is the sound i gues snot so good although acceptable!

blendit 12:35 15 Oct 04

*guess not (soz :)

Diemmess 15:58 15 Oct 04

Name any brand and the answer is the same provided they have been in business long enough to have a name.

Equally, any brand produces the occasional bad one, and so we are back to hear-say. That resolves to two important matters.

1) Which brand comes closest to a final price v. the specification that YOU want.

2) Which firm is known to give the best for prompt and sympathetic support service, when things don't go as you expected.

ken9 15:30 16 Oct 04

I have a p3 carrera bought in 1999, my friend used to work there until it went bust, not he works for mesh. I don't know if this is of any use to you but i was surprised they're back, i think it really depends on if they're the same people because my computer has had no problems (apart from me messing around a bit!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced