Carrera Christmas Hell, Part 2

JAC828 20:47 12 Jan 03
  JAC828 20:47 12 Jan 03

My fun with Carrera continues.....
Those of you who haven't seen my earlier post on this subject, a synopsis is as follows:

- ordered 15th November; - not arrived mid December. Chased them and told it would be delivered Saturday before Christmas. Didn't arrive; - arrived Christmas Eve. XP Cd, DVDs and printer cable missing. Wrong speakers, wrong keyboard, wrong mouse (all cheapers versions shipped). PC reading that Iit is an AMD 2000+ when an AMD XP 2600+ was ordered; tried to contact them all over Christmas. Couldn't get through by phone and emails all bounced.

Now for Part 2!!

Got through January 3rd. Told that the BIOS had been incorrectly set and that I just need to update is and change the settings to the correct speed. Did so and the PC is now unstable.

They promised that the missing and replacement parts would be shipped to me. Took day off work to receive them - did not arrive (they blamed the courier company). Spoke to their technical support people who said that it sounded as if the wrong processor had been installed (which customer support deny). Thoroughly cheesed off by now (2 months gone, still not a working PC and parts still missing incorrect). Spoke to a manager who said that replacement parts and a replacement PC would be shipped to me on Friday (confirmed with him by email). Took another day off Friday. Courier arrives to pick up the order but with nothing to deliver. Ring Carrera who claim to have misunderstood. So I finally give up all hope of ever sorting this out and arrange for them to collect the whole lot this coming Thursday (which will mean another day off work).

Always check your order thoroughly when you receive it (especially if it is from Carrera!). An IT illiterate may well have received this system and not noticed the incorrect parts that had been shipped or that the processor was apparently incorrect.

I wait with baited breath to see if anyone turns up on Thursday and when I will get my money back!!!

Kilobyte 22:17 12 Jan 03

I posted to this thread early today but it seemed to disappear altogether. JAC828 - contact your credit card company and get them involved as they are equally liable for any transaction over £100 that goes wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…