Carrera?

ace1 20:46 01 Dec 04

Im currently looking to upgrade my old Evesham system and purchase something newer circa the £800 + vat mark. Ive scoured the mags, including this excellent oracle, pored over adverts, compared all the best buys and top 10's and still cant make my mind up!

Anyway, the current favourite is the Octan special with the 19in monitor for £799+. My question is does anyone have one of these systems? if so could you post a brief reply with your rating of it, and does anyone have feedback about Carrera in general, e.g. is their 5 year warranty as good as it seems to be?

Also when companys advertise a particualr price point, why do they never include delivery, as you are going to have to pay an amount anyway! I live near Carrera and they want me to pay £15 to pick the system up, compared to a £34 charge to have it delivered. Surely this should be a part of the price.

Anyway, enough questions, if anyone would care to leave some feedback, i would be grateful. Thanks.

Starfox 23:02 01 Dec 04
  Starfox 23:04 01 Dec 04

Sorry that link wont work,type Carrera into the search box at the top of this page for enlightenment!

spuds 11:04 02 Dec 04

There have been a number of postings about Carrera, as Starfox as suggested, make a PCA search before you arrive at a positive conclusion.Regarding the collection charge, this seems to becoming more of a norm nowadays to raise extra revenue. Places like ComputerWorld make a charge for a computer system, whether you have it delivered to your home address or collection from one of their stores.

If you do finalize a deal with Carrera, make sure that you have a confirmed delivery date. Last year, they had problems with deliveries due to increased sales at Christmas time.

ace1 21:59 02 Dec 04

Both. Thanks ever so for your input. I have used the search box for all major manufacturers and whislst i appreciate that people will really only respond if they maybe have an issue with a supplier. I have expanded my searches further afield, and hope to make a informed purchase soon! probably an etch a Sketch!!

ace1 21:59 02 Dec 04

Both. Thanks ever so for your input. I have used the search box for all major manufacturers and whislst i appreciate that people will really only respond if they maybe have an issue with a supplier. I have expanded my searches further afield, and hope to make a informed purchase soon! probably an etch a Sketch!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…