Carphonewarehouse buy AOL(UK)

hotel99 10:41 11 Oct 06

Hot news that carphonewarehouse has bought the UK arm of AOL

g0slp 10:55 11 Oct 06

Here's a link

click here

patsyanne 11:21 11 Oct 06

I am on AOL.com, have they bought that or just AOL.co.uk.

spuds 11:29 11 Oct 06

Must have sorted out all their problems with Talk Talk then :O)

Stuartli 12:05 11 Oct 06

I'm with TalkTalk - vowed for years I would never have AOL on my system.....:-((

steven_frost 12:11 11 Oct 06

I feel sorry for everyone who is with AOL having been taken over by TALKTALK does not look good

patsyanne 12:17 11 Oct 06

steven_frost,same as what i thought .

def90csw 13:22 11 Oct 06

So with 2 companies with a poor record of customer care hope this will be a good takover and not one that becomes hell for the customers of both companies.

kdt 11:31 12 Oct 06

i am with aol but outside the contract i.e. can get out with 1 month notice...do you think we should look forward to better service though except for minor hicups i had no bad experience in the past 2 years or so with aol? i was going to start the ball rolling for a forum then so this and joined in now.awaiting sky broadband in our area to see what to do since we have nearly £60 monthly tv package.

kdt 11:35 12 Oct 06

patsyanne...just to let you know that carphone warehouse bought isp service of aol's uk operations.aol is owned by timewarner which can put talktalk in its back pocket.

patsyanne 13:27 12 Oct 06

Thanks kdt, i am not fond of AOl or Carphone warehouse, who i am still waiting for them to send me the software cd,usb cable and in car charger for a new mobile i bought of them on line.Aol say the same if you need a disc of them ,they take your address then never send it !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac