can't get replacment or refund from Overclockers

pomerian 14:58 08 May 04

After reading Article in March issue I ordered a Sparkle Ge Force FX5700 from Overclockers on 29th Feb. but it would only run for approx 5 mins. at a time. replacment ran O.K. for 2 Days about 8hrs use before cutting out and then it was back to every 5 mins. I bought a bigger power unit on there advice ( mine was min. spec.) but it gave no improvment. they said they would send a different make replacment on 24th March but in spite of several Emails it has not arrived. I sent a recorded delivery letter to Mark Proudfoot on 20th. April giving details of my problem and asking for a refund but have had no reply. where do I go from here?

spuds 15:19 08 May 04

Have you a contact phone number for Mark Proudfoot, if so, why not give him a call. Itend to find emails, do not always solve the problem.

Recorded Delivery:Have you tracked this mail, to see if it as been delivered and signed for.

Kalb 12:31 09 May 04

Give your local ( i.e. within the area covered by your postcode or your rates/community charge area) Trading Standards office a phone call and ask them to intervene.Produced immediate results for me.

OU812 21:58 09 May 04

You will find that telephone contact with Overclockers is difficult, email seems to be the way to go.

I have recent experience of excellent service from them with respect to a problem I had after fitting an after market VGA cooler to an 9600XT, both of which I had brought from them.

I posted a thread which for reference you can read here click here(about the Gfx problem) and here about trying to contact them by phone click here

I would advise you to email technical support and in particular a person called mark dickenson at the following who was very efficient re getting back to me via email.

[email protected]

he proved to be very helpful and my situation was resolved satisfactorily.

pomerian 06:32 11 May 04

I don't have a phone No. for Mark Proudfoot I've checked letter was delivered
Trading standards say to give them a 7 day letter to supply replacment or refund I will try Mike Dickinson first and see what that does

byfordr 09:30 11 May 04

Overclockers recently screwed up an order I placed with them. Overclockers are impossible to get hold of on the phone. Take ages to respond to email, won't collect the goods they sent in error. Having spent the best part of £500 I expected better. If I can't get hold of them today, I'm going to leave it to my credit card company to fight it out. Not impressed!

R

byfordr 12:05 11 May 04

Finally sorted it! Took going to the credit card company and multiple emails to oc to finally get them to send a courier out tomorrow. Hopefully will be the last time I have to deal with them.

You could try dave.hardy@ overclockers.co.uk chris.white@ overclockers.co.uk alex.grecian@ overclockers.co.uk (Just take the space out before overclockers) Also work your way down the email addresses in the next link click here

R

pomerian 07:42 20 May 04

new card has arrived E-mail to Mike Dickinson did the trick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…