can't decide which sat nav to buy?

DJfree33 18:49 03 Oct 06

I am new to the sat Nav world and have got lost in the jungle of choices,

i have around £200 to spend, and only really need UK mapping.

i have been looking at the Garmin nuvi 300 and the TomTom ONE V2 Great Britain.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Phphred 19:08 03 Oct 06

Tom Tom, and in my opinion you will not regret buying it as it is the best thing for a car driver in any unfamiliar place.

NoIdea21 20:38 03 Oct 06

Tom Tom

siouxah1 20:42 03 Oct 06

DJfree33,
Have only used the Tom Tom One. Excellant piece of kit that even I can use. Was sceptical about sat nav untill I had the One demonstrated to me. Beats map reading in my opinion.

(Before anyone says that a map is just as good, I have been well versed in the use of maps over the years. Wish I had had a sat nave in the past.)

Brian

dukeboxhero 20:53 03 Oct 06

i use the tom tom one daily in my job works a treat

atc 21:00 03 Oct 06

i had a navman before it went faulty. got it replaced with a tomtom and this is far better than the navman.

Confab 21:04 03 Oct 06

If you can afford it then go for the TomTom 510. It's got a bigger screen and I certainly recommend it.

click here

Confab

namtas 21:39 03 Oct 06

I recently purchased the Garmin Nuvi 300 and it works brilliantly, I have no problems at all does everything I want it has already in a few weeks been a major asset. easy to set up, easy to read, goood menus, and very accurate.

I found it at £215 from the web site of the well known car accessory and cycle supply store

Dizzy Bob 22:21 03 Oct 06

Tomtom definately.

TT 1 v2 @ around £199 retail

PCW have the TT510 on line at £292 (retail £349) but you can use the collect at store option to get the on line price in a store.

DB

DJfree33 19:29 04 Oct 06

i phoned a sat nav company who told me that tomtom suffer with a lot of problems? and customer advice support was not very good?

has any one got the new tomtom one v2 great britian, and what they think of it.

anchor 10:15 05 Oct 06

TomTom SatNavs do NOT suffer from a lot of problems; you have been misinformed. Of course, as with anything, there are the rare problems, but from reading the SatNav forums the device is replaced.

It is true that their support and advice service is not one of the best, but it is not bad either.

Their recent models, the x10 series have had some problems with the screen mounts, but TomTom have replaced these for customers experiencing difficulties. The new TomTom ONE V2 GB has received very good reviews and can be recommended. Being a very new model, possibly you won`t get any personal reports yet.

I am a TomTom owner, and can speak from experience. Moreover, I regularly read a SatNav forum which reflects opinion from both here, and in the USA.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac