Canon Scanners

Confab 18:45 17 Jul 03

A friend of mine, who I have not spoken to for a while, has been in touch. Great I thought I've not heard from him for a while it will be good to read what he's got to say. The first line of his post was "My scanner has broken and the shops seem to be pushing the Canon Lide 30 and a Canoscan 3000f. Have your magazines any comment on them!"

A friend in need springs to mind!

Anyway I though I would at least try to help him out. If you have either of these models could you let me have your comments as to the performance and value for money.

Thanks for your help.

Sir Radfordin 19:18 17 Jul 03

Canon Lide 30 is a great scanner and can be obtaied very cheaply from John Leiws. doesnt take too much to find £10 off your first online order.

Djohn 22:29 17 Jul 03

I agree with Sir Rad. I have the LiDE50 and it's superb! Very fast, quiet and exact reproduction. The after-sales service from Canon is also first class. j.

wags 14:05 18 Jul 03

Great little scanner and good, easy to use scanning utility - also takes up very little desk space.

shifty 19:11 18 Jul 03

I have an earlier N6700 and my daughter has the Lide50. Superb scanners that came with all the software needed for ease of use, and as a bonus no seperate power supply as they are powered from the USB connection. Well suited.

pj123 20:30 18 Jul 03

Yep, I agree with all the above. Although I have only got the Lide20, it is a great scanner, never failed yet.

fitcher 20:48 18 Jul 03

I noticed in the magazines a canon scanner
called a canoscan d1250u2 . It was getting a very good write ups// and was top of the recommended scaners for a long period//it is like the one
that sells with the film attachment . with no attachment . it cost me around sixty nine pounds ..

I looked high and low until I managed to buy one .it has a usb2 by the way I have not seen this scaner advertised of late .and I was wondering if it has been withdrawn and replaced by the lide models .that are cheaper to make and have no power adapter

Djohn 16:41 19 Jul 03

Not sure regarding your question on the D1250u2, but I will assure you the LiDE range are excellent. You will not regret buying one of these models. Regards. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…