Canon Pixma IP4300

donki 11:20 28 Feb 07

Hi guys,

Just bought the Canon Pixma IP4300 Last nite from PC world, you can buy online and pick it up in the store for £58, recomended price is around £80. So far im well pleaased, done a few 6x4's and 2 A4s as well as some dvd's, all quality prints especially the A4. Form what i know is uses very little ink and it has 5 cartridges so could be an economical printing option. Super fast printing and unlike my prvious photo printer the tcxt onto normal paper is good to. One down side............. its quite big. Anyone else have it?

bruno 19:18 01 Mar 07

I bought one about three months ago and I am really pleased with it.I paid £80 for it as no one had it in stock at the cheaper price,even though they were advertisimg it.I bought the f4400 scanner at the same time as it does transparencies, four at a time.I found 600 slides in the loft from when the kids were small and decided to rescue them.It all worked wonderfully well.Good products.

xquest 17:56 10 Jul 07

I have had the iP4300 for a few weeks and it's very good. I notice that the small black cartridge level is now about half full and the large black cartridge is still completely full. I haven't done much colour printing. Under what conditions does it use ink from the larger cartridge ? Should I be printing all-black documents on the greyscale setting or does it detect all-black documents? I can't find any help on this in the manual.

bruno 20:14 13 Jul 07

I use my printer mostly for colour and both my cartridges are going downSo it looks like your non colour use only uses the small cartridge.I have looked everywhere for information on this as well and I could not find it.

Pine Man 20:27 13 Jul 07

The fat one contains pigment ink which is used for text only and a narrow one with dye ink used for photo printing.

bruno 09:24 14 Jul 07

Thanks for that information,something else I have learned today.

xquest 23:05 16 Jul 07

Thanks, Pine Man. I did find information that if you use the 'greyscale' setting it uses all the colour cartridges and the small black one, to make black and greys. Presumably it detects an all-black document and uses the PGI-5BK (the fat one) if the greyscale isn't ticked. I have a question outstanding with the Canon website on this subject - I'll let you know when/if they reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…