Canon Pixma ip3000 still acting up

keef66 11:03 28 Feb 06

Printer new in April; modest family use, mixed text, colour, photo printing.

Canon original cartridges since new, suddenly stopped printing black. Nozzle check OK but no black; but print head alignment wouldn't complete at all. Tried all the usual cleaning, deep cleaning etc. even soaked the print head in isopropyl alcohol overnight.
Canon support diagnosed a printhead problem and sent a replacement under warranty.

Used so much ink while trying to sort the old one out I have had to replace the carts, and started using the Choice Stationery compatibles I'd already bought.
Black printing reappeared, but no yellow and way too much magenta, and obvious banding. After printing several colour intensive pages the magenta is less obvious and the yellow starts to reappear, but i still think it's putting too much ink on the paper so colours bleed, and banding is still evident. If it's left to stand overnight the first few pages are again saturated with magenta.

So, the crunch question. Can I go back to Canon and ask them to fix it, or have I now invalidated the warranty by using non Canon inks?
Should I instead be pursuing Choice Stationery under their 'if our inks damage your printer we'll fix it' clause?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…