Canon Pixma IP2200

Sirpad 09:11 29 Nov 05

Does anyone know anything about this printer? I have found one for £50. Is this a good deal?

Perhaps someone knows of a site that has reviewed it.

pj123 12:40 29 Nov 05

Looks pretty good to me. For more info check out:

click here

Be aware that the price of £17.95 from cartridge monkey is for the ink NOT THE PRINTER.

Sirpad 17:58 29 Nov 05

Pj123 - thanks for that. Is this about the normal price for cartridges. There aren't any compatible ones out there for this model (yet).

Also..anyone else out there have one of these? Are they any good? It's needed for home use only and not necessarily for photos.

pj123 11:53 30 Nov 05

The £17.95 is for the colour cartridge the black cartridge is £15.95.

The only other place I have seen cartridges for this printer is 7 day shop: click here

You may be better off in the long run with an Epson printer. I have an Epson R200 with 6 separate ink cartridges. All six can be bought for £19.95 from click here

The cost of the printer is higher than your £50 but the savings on replacement ink is good.

click here

Sirpad 15:52 30 Nov 05

Thanks pjs123........I'll check out the Epson.

Also wondering if this is normal. I found the Canon at Komplett's website and they charge £6 for delivery which is fine but when I also choose a USB cable for £4.50 (which I will naturally need) they charge the £6 again. I asked them about this and they said they were different consignments....this means it would cost me £6 to buy the £4.50 cable. RUBBISH...

pj123 16:03 30 Nov 05

Email me via the envelope and I will send you a USB printer lead for nothing.

pj123 16:42 30 Nov 05

Before you make your final decision check out this previous thread as well.

click here

Sirpad 01:03 01 Dec 05

Thanks pj123...a friend of mine had a spare lead. I'll check out the Epsons tomorrow. Really appreciate your input............

The Kestrel 17:30 01 Dec 05

I have just bought an Epson R220, the latest version of the R200. If you buy online from PC World, they cost £60 and you can then collect it from your local store. The ink carts for the R200 also fit this model and compatibles can be bought from Choice reasonably priced.

BDM 12:56 03 Dec 05

Sirpad,

Have you looked at PIXMANIA's site for a low price for this Canon? Also, have you looked at Cartridge Save for refill prices (£4 each)?

BDM

Sirpad 22:14 09 Dec 05

Thanks Kestrel and BDM........will check these out this weekend....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…