Canon Pixma IP1500 Where can I find?

aca 11:41 29 Jan 06

Looking to find this new but has been replaced by 1600. Problem with the 1600 is that there are no compatable cartridges available.

does anyone know where I can still find the 1500?

Smiler 11:59 29 Jan 06

I'm sure it won't be long before compatables are available for the Canon Pixma IP1600 :-)

spuds 12:29 29 Jan 06

Compatibles click here

aca 12:53 29 Jan 06

Spuds

followed link and only appears to be genuine Canon for the 1600 along with papers.

Dont know how long it will be before compatables for it become available?

hzhzhz 13:05 29 Jan 06
  Smiler 15:13 29 Jan 06

"We have recently inspected the new Canon cartridges for the printers listed above and spoken to the compatible brand manufacturers. Canon now has proprietary (patented) parts on the cartridges meaning no one except Canon can make the cartridges or work around the patented parts, at least not at this time."

Well we know what to do then don't buy their printers.

spuds 15:57 29 Jan 06

Smiler- I think that you will find that virtually all printer manufacturers will design and develop a new breed of cartridges on their newer models, so as to cut out the usage and supply of compatibles.

Epson are already involved in a number law suites, and certain types of Epson compatible are getting harder to find. ChoiceStationary click here are producing their own designs of Epson compatibles, so still enabling them to supply the market.

aca 18:24 29 Jan 06

thanks for all your advice, have found a new IP1500 on ebay. Lower spec but can def get cheap cartridges for this

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…