Canon i990 Printer

Sibbo 11:44 22 Jun 04

Hi all, sorry for the cross post but I thought people would want to hear about the fantastic price on the Canon i990 printer from cameras2u.com. Only £199-94p! That over £60 cheaper than other online stores. I couldn't believe it at first and thought it was an error, but no, it's just been delivered. Ordered it late Saturday night (19th) and it came today (22nd). Excellent service.

byfordr 13:21 22 Jun 04

err not any more £259.94 now! If you got one at that price well done! Picked up a good deal on mine when I got it.

Totally agree used cameras2u.com several times, always prompt delivery, knowledgeable staff.

R

Sibbo 13:32 22 Jun 04

You're right byfordr, just been back to the site myself. It seems that my order alerted them to their mistake, at least they honoured the price that was shown when I ordered mine rather than withdrawing the item from sale. By the way, where do you get your replacement cartridges from? Any cut price offers anywhere for canon original cartridges? I'm scouting around and cannot find many places that list ink for the i990. TIA

byfordr 14:38 22 Jun 04

Try click here Failing that click here or click here. Still on the tanks that came with it(Canon don't skimp!) The ink tanks are the same as the i950, just the extra one. click here

R

Sibbo 17:13 22 Jun 04

How long have you had your printer byfordr? How many photo's have you printed so far with the original supplied cartridges? I know what it says on the canon site, but the manufacturers figures normally differ to the results in PC mags lab tests etc. TIA

byfordr 08:49 23 Jun 04

Not too long, about a month or so. Not done too many A4, but have printed lots of 6x4 photos on it. The tanks on my old i950 lasted for ages before they ran out.

Most of the manufacturers figures are based on something like 5% cover. Doubtful on a page of text, and impossible with your average photo. I still think its cheaper to go down to boots and take advantage of their 50 photos for a fiver offer. They will normally do deals for the larger 5x7 size. At christmas got 400 5x7 photos for £40. Where the printer comes into its own is the A4 size prints, a lot cheaper than the high street. Also if you want to print the photos out quickly to give to people.

R

Sibbo 11:56 23 Jun 04

I've got quiet a bit of Epson Photo Paper left, can that be used on the Canon?

byfordr 13:36 23 Jun 04

You can, but for best results would advise Canon paper. Epson paper is optomised for Epson Ink. Stuff like kodak claims to be a good all rounder, and to be fair the results are good. The major question is its colourfastness (how long the image will stay on the paper without fading)

click here for offer on 6x4 paper

R

Sibbo 13:47 23 Jun 04

OK thanks byfordr. I thought that would be the case. I'll close the thread now, thanks for your comments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now