Canon i965 Printer

Sibbo 15:07 19 Jun 04

I am currently using an Epson Stylus Photo 750 for printing my photo's, letters and college assignments but I've got the upgrade bug! I'm considering buying a Canon i965 to replace the Epson. I was just wondering what peoples views were based on their usage of the above printers. Thanks in advance.

wallbash 16:34 19 Jun 04

Like you Sibbo ,i have a photo 750 (just tried to work out how long its been in service)In the last hour have been down to staples and bought the i865. Mainy on recomandation. But also because its also uses a paralell printer cable. Required to work with a smc router and my network at home. Most of the other printers e.g the epron r200 was only usb.
So cant help you as new printer is in box waiting to be installed.
Hope I have done the right thing!

PS as to the price, staples are knocking 20% off for teachers. ( but no proof was required) bought the price down to about the same as Amazon.co .uk. spent the saving on another set of inks, (supplied cartrigigs were the smaller/lighter set) but will go back to compatibles very soon

wallbash 21:29 19 Jun 04

Installed and now working, showed first result to the boss (wife) and was asked why I had waited so long too buy a new printer. Therefore a success.

Ps after the epson, so very quite!

byfordr 17:59 20 Jun 04

Had the i950 (excellent) and now got the i990 (even better). IMHO Canon produce some of the best colour printers on the market. The i965 has the function to print on CDs. click here for a excellent review site. One of the biggest advantages with Canon is the seperate ink tanks (no throwing away of half full cartridges) Some demonstration days (in Jessops stores) click here

R

Sibbo 11:39 22 Jun 04

Thanks for the feedback. I did a bit of scouting around on the Internet and came across a good deal for the i990 so I went for that instead! The reviews sound excellent and at the price it was going for at cameras2u.com I couldn't resist it. They were at least £60 pounds cheaper than other online stores (only £199-94p). I thought it was an error at first, but it has just been delivered. I've not set it up yet because my leg is in plaster :-( , but I will do it soon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…