Cannot Purchase From Crucial

Sibbo 10:25 18 Nov 05

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes. I'm trying to buy a 2GB Gizmo from Crucial.com, but everytime I click on buy, I am directed to a page that states that it is out of stock. I know this isn't correct because I've sent them an e-mail and they informed me 2 or 3 days ago that they do indeed have them. I then contacted them again to state the problem with their website. They told me that they would update it a.s.a.p. Today I have returned to their site and they have revised it because the price has gone down slightly, BUT, it still states that it is out of stock! In this day and age when numerous businesses are going bust, it seems ridiculous to me that a company has an online store that customers cannot buy from. This is a surefire way of losing customers to the opposition.

keewaa 10:32 18 Nov 05

Ring them, this is unusual and they have a very helpful team, you can order over the phone for this unusual situation.

Crucial Technology UK location
Freephone: 0800 013 0330
Monday-Friday: 8:30 - 7:30

Sibbo 10:37 18 Nov 05

They have replied to that effect, but the problem is that my phone is on the blink at present. Whcan't they just sort out their website? It shouldn't be that difficult. If I try to purchase anything from the site it all works perfectly.

Sibbo 10:39 18 Nov 05

Sorry, it should read:
"why can't they just sort......."

and

"If I try to purchase anything else from....."

keewaa 11:02 18 Nov 05

Well if they say it's a web site problem and they say they actually have it in stock, I suggest you use a mobile or a payphone if it's urgent.

Sibbo 11:32 18 Nov 05

I didn't say it was urgent keewaa. It's more of an irritation/annoyance.

Sibbo 11:59 18 Nov 05

I have now received another e-mail from one of Crucial's Managers stating how sorry they are etc. and that he has forwarded my problem to someone else. I've now returned to the website and as if by magic, I can now buy the Gizmo of my choice!!

wiz-king 14:09 18 Nov 05

Good service as usual from them, I see. They are one of the better on-line stores.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:47 18 Nov 05

All sorted in an hour and a half. Pity other online retailers don't seem able to learn from the Crucial example. I never buy memory from anywhere else.

Sibbo 18:54 18 Nov 05

Sorted in an hour and a half Mr Mistoffelees? Hardly, if you read my initial post you will see that I've been chasing it for 3 days via e-mail.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:47 18 Nov 05

It's been a hard week at work and I'm knackered!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…