cannot access certain websites that I often use

fogie 11:40 20 Nov 14

I am running Vista 32. Changed my router's name recently and all seemed well but I cannot access any websites that I use constantly. Can anyone please help.

spuds 11:44 20 Nov 14

Have you tried different browsers and get the same results?.

fogie 12:21 20 Nov 14

I only have one browser which is Google. How do I try others? Not at all technical.

spuds 16:26 20 Nov 14

There are a number of browser's on the internet. Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer seems to be the most popular. A version of Internet Explorer is most probably built in the Vista, so that would leave you to download Mozilla Firefox from click here or click here

fogie 17:00 20 Nov 14

I tried Firefox but they wanted me to pay something like $39.00 which I am loathe to do. They were telling me that 19 of my drivers were out of date. At the moment I am on Internet Explorer.

fogie 17:19 22 Nov 14

Please help anyone. Still can't get onto Internet sites I have used in the past. Might I have a virus. Has anyone used spymaster and, if so, are they trustworthy, as they say they can rid computer of viruses and malware.

spuds 18:11 22 Nov 14

"I tried Firefox but they wanted me to pay something like $39.00 which I am loathe to do."

I have never paid for Firefox, so who is telling you that they wanted $39.00.

"They were telling me that 19 of my drivers were out of date."

Who was telling you that 19 drivers were out of date.

"Has anyone used spymaster and, if so, are they trustworthy, as they say they can rid computer of viruses and malware."

Don't bother with 'spymaster', there are a number of possible answers and free downloads that might solve your problem.

Perhaps we should get back to basics. Why did you make changes, and how did you go about this?.

fogie 19:55 22 Nov 14

In the past I have downloaded several sites, including Babylon, and have been told these might be blocking my internet on certain sites. If something doesn't work I just download what I think might help but now realise I shouldn't do these things. Is the solution to put my computer back to factory settings and will I lose most things

fogie 14:43 23 Nov 14

I have now downloaded Firefox and, hey presto, can get on the sites that seemed to be blocked before. Thank you for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…