Can you recommend an ink re-fill kit? Please

noelski 15:30 24 Aug 04

Hi People,

I'm thinking of getting an ink refill kit for my Lexmark X1180 that has 17/27 cartridges in it at the moment.

I think I have narrowed down the, very long, search, looking at refill kits and original and re-manufactured cartridges, to the JR inkjet refill kits on click here (at the moment £7.99 buy the colour kit and get the black kit free, also free P&P) or the ones from Tesco that can be bought in my local Tesco, info on them at click here (from memory, Colour just under £5 and Black kit, just under £4 or £3)

Does anyone have experiences of these two kits or the inkypinky website?

Thank you in advance for all your help everyone.

joesoaps 18:44 24 Aug 04

Tried the Tesco refills and must say that I found the ink colours a little on the weak side,i.e the red colour came out dark orange.Try Jettec kits from Wilkinsons stores they do fine for me.

Hope this helps.

spuds 23:26 24 Aug 04

I have used the JR Inkjet kits click here the Jettec kits click here plus the InkTec kits click here My favourite one is the InkTec as this comes with an air balancing device.If you go to the InkTec site, you will find a nice video on ink refilling.

You should be able to get the JR from most places including Asda/PCW stores. The JR and InkTec are also available from Choice Stationary click here

If you want advice on refilling, try these sites click here click here click here

Word of advice, if it is your first attempt at refilling. Wear gloves and have plenty of paper as a work area. It can be very messy if you are not carefull. Personally, I have now gone from refilling to using compatibles.

Bingalau 18:06 25 Aug 04

Try click here for a better deal than refills....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…