Can you buy a dvd player that records TV andfor PC

erkmatrix 22:41 21 Jul 06

Hi I wondered if you can buy a DVD recorder player that will allow me to record programs off sky plus as its always crashing and losing music gigs and stuff and I also want one for to use on my PC as my dvd player on that has for some reason slowed down and works when it wants which is rarely.

Just wondered if there was such a thing that I could move from the two machinesand record and watch stuff on.

Cheers
Junipaire

Tim1964 23:50 21 Jul 06

Any DVD recorder will copy from Sky+ (think of the recorder as a VCR) make sure the discs are 'finalised' and they will play on your PC as an ordinary DVD.

If your DVD rom drive is struggling through a lot of use then it may be time for an upgrade to a DVD writer.

erkmatrix 08:32 22 Jul 06

Hi Tim

yes thats what I want some sort of external DVD writer that I could also take into the living room and record sky plus.

Does such a dvd player excist.

cheers.
Junipaire

Tim1964 09:43 22 Jul 06

There is such a thing in the form of a hard disk based unit but to be honest a budget DVD recorder £60 and a DVD writer (not much more than a basic DVD rom) would be easier to use. You will then be able to save programmes and movies etc from your Sky+.

If your Sky box has a 'crashing' problem have you tried a full system reset? This will wipe the drive in it but will clean out any corrupted data.

How old is your Sky+? You shouldn't have to put up with a faulty box in the first place. If you don't feel like having a 'bit of a moan' to Sky about a free callout it will be £65 for a replacement box. Of course this will be empty so you'll have lost your recordings anyway.

freaky 11:10 22 Jul 06

A good DVD Recorder/Player with Hard Drive would cost upwards from £200.

As you have SKY+ then you would be better off by doing as Tim1964 suggests i.e. try formatting the HD and see if that sorts out the problem. If not then contact SKY.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now