can someone recommend a DP package

gremlin826 03:48 08 Oct 04

My wife and I have just started our own business and I want to produce my own business cards, flyers, brochure etc. Can someone reccommend a DP package that has a good range of templates, clipart, photo`s etc that would be suiable.

Diodorus Siculus 08:03 08 Oct 04

MSPublisher is pretty good - I use publisher 2000 for booklets and should think that later versions are as good.

A free version of Serif PagePlus is also worth a try:
click here

spuds 12:54 08 Oct 04

The freeware Serif site that DS as suggested is a good stating point. Once you subscribe to Serif, you will have later versions of their software offered to you at reduced prices and no quibble returns/refunds procedures.

Another consideration is the computer magazine cover disks. A browse and read in the newsagents stand is perhaps another of 'read before purchase/install' method.

One of my favourites is the old Corel range, something like their Print House programmes.click here

pj123 17:05 08 Oct 04

I also use MS Publisher 2000 for everything you want except Business Cards. I use Avery Labels for business cards 'cos you only need to design your card once and Avery will print 1 card or a whole sheet (10) cards, using Business Card paper. If you use Publisher for business cards you have to design one and then copy it nine times to get ten cards and then cut each one out separately.

Forum Editor 18:00 08 Oct 04

MS Publisher 2003 for office stationery design. Once I've finished the design work I use the Pack and go feature to prepare the file for a commercial printing company and email it across to them.

It works perfectly, and most good high street printers will accept Publisher output nowadays.

mckinlay 22:34 11 Oct 04

I promise you there isn't a better dtp package or company to deal with than serif. Their prices, products and after sales service are second to none.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac