Can Someone Help Me Find The Right Laptop?

CiCiSomers 00:39 28 May 15

I have a problem and am not sure if you can help me, I've looked high and low for solutions to this problem and not gotten far.

I have had what I consider the perfect laptop for nearly 6 yrs, the LG R580. It is everything I have wanted in a laptop, but it's pretty much unuseable now and I'm on my backup one as I type this.

Two times in the last two years I have ordered computers from online and returned them, and for the same reasons. My city doesn't have many brick and mortar options, likely only a couple of dozen laptops if that would be available city wide, so I resorted to online and bought things without touching them and seeing them in person. Both times it was the wrist pad that was the issue.

I'm quite...particular, I know if I'm not going to be able to live with something. I looked online at Alienware ones and was convinced they were the answer, until I read a few reviews mentioning "rubbery wrist pads", I didn't even chance it, I knew I'd not be able to contend with that. So on my computer guys advice, I ordered a Dell business one, their M2800 workstation one. I even specifically went on their live chat and asked about the wrist pads and my concerns about were they like the Alienware "rubbery ones" I'd read about before purchase. I was assured no, they were not. Well guess what....They are rubbery and it's going back. It arrived yesterday and I'm returning it immediately.

What I basically want is a duplicate of what I have, the LG R580 one, a bit souped up. It's a 500 GB, I'd like 1 TB. I want the keys the same, the touchpad in the same position, the same feel, look, the works. Front speakers, same shaped body/shell. I do not game, I do however have the computer on 16 hrs a day running many, many applications, Yahoo messenger, Skype, Digsby, and dozens of tabs in several windows. I currently have almost 70,000 files and make many, many audios, I do paid writing and voice over work and audio is very important to me. I use a USB plug in mic. My back up one I'm on now has speakers at the back, there's no question the LG front speakers are better, louder, and more clear and the only option I want. I also watch tons of stuff on Youtube, so a decent video card is needed as well.

I basically want a duplicate of what I have. It's 15.6, but if I had to go up a size I would. I want Windows 7 Premium.

Only so much can be obtained from pics online, these ones I ordered that went back in both cases, I studied all the pics online anyone could and deemed them both fine and as soon as I touched them, I knew instantly they were not for me.

I'm very hesitant to order anything online since I know how the last two times have gone and I'm in Canada as well. So it seems Dell ones all now have this awful feeling wrist pad, most available are not Windows 7, many have back speakers, my options are not huge, I have explored them for nearly 2 years online. Does anyone have a list of ones that fit my needs? I've looked at so many online. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009