can nero6 oem3 make a clone of hard drive

sunny staines 18:09 10 Jun 05

Trying to make a backup clone of my Hard drive to dvd-d's this will not work with ghost9.

But I have nero oem3 suite is there a way to do it with nero backup, I have read the nero ahead web site but there is no mention of clone backup's well I could not find any.

Any offers of help please.

mole44 18:23 10 Jun 05

have you tried looking in the help files that come with the program,press F1 on most programs and the manual will appear for you.

Joe R 18:51 10 Jun 05

sunny staines,

nero express, has an option to copy entire disc.

sunny staines 19:39 10 Jun 05

thank you, can it burn onto dvd's as my hard drive is too large for one dvd.

Joe R 21:38 10 Jun 05

sunny staines,

sorry, was offline for a while there, and yes, you can burn onto dvd's.

pj123 12:38 11 Jun 05

I have used Nero BackItUp to back up a hard drive to DVD. It will backup to multiple DVDs and will prompt for the next DVD. Having done it I now get to thinking "How do I restore it, if I need to?".

I now use xxcopy from click here and do a complete clone to another hard disk rather than DVD. Once completed, the hard disk is taken out of the computer and stored. If I ever need it all I have to do is install the backup hard disk as the master and boot the computer.

The only things I back up to DVD/CD are my personal files/documents/data etc.

sunny staines 13:06 11 Jun 05

thank you for the replies

freaky 11:27 12 Jun 05

A good program to buy for cloning/backups is Acronis True Image 8. A number of Forum members including myself have got it. It is an excellent program and much easier to use than Ghost. Suggest you do a search on the Net to find the best price....it is preferable to buy it on CD than do a download because it can be used as a start up CD in case of problems.

tenplus1 12:46 12 Jun 05

Search for a program called PartImage for Windows... This is a tiny program that you stick onto a bootable floppy or cd that can image your partitions in no-time at all... and it's FREE!

tenplus1 12:47 12 Jun 05

or even better, there's another called Partition Saving where you can download the program itself or a bootable cd already made for you : click here

sunny staines 13:58 12 Jun 05

going to give it a try during the week, can it be used over two dvd's for cloning?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…