can i swap a sim card

puma22 08:16 21 Apr 06

I, does anyone know if you can swap the sim cards in PAYG mobile phones. My daughter has an orange phone and sim and i have jsut bought her a new orange phone and sim, which should arrive today. Is it possible/easy to change the sims so that both phones work and also so that her new phone has her old phone number?

cheers

dms05 08:24 21 Apr 06

You should be able to swap the SIM card if the phone is on the same network. I've done this over the years without problems - the problem is swapping SIM's from different networks when the phone needs to be unlocked. Just try!

Totally-braindead 09:07 21 Apr 06

Agree with dms05, if it doesn't work all you need to do is take it to a phone shop and get it unlocked, typically they charge £10 for this.

Sibbo 09:09 21 Apr 06

You also have to take into account the age of the phone, but if it's relatively new then you should have no problem.

puma22 09:30 21 Apr 06

thanks for all the advice. A lot more coherent that Orange!

Cheers

anchor 10:08 21 Apr 06

I have been with Vodafone for some years. During that time I have had various phone upgrades from them, and all I do is to swap the SIM card over.

No problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…